A large database of assorted variables that are recorded on a regular basis
(6 hour, daily) by NCEP and NCAR.
- 2.5-degree latitude x 2.5-degree longitude global grid with 144x73 points.
- 90N-90S, 0E-357.5E
- Kistler, R., E. Kalnay, W. Collins, S. Saha, G. White, J. Woollen, M.
Chelliah, W. Ebisuzaki, M. Kanamitsu, V. Kousky, H. van den Dool, R. Jenne, M.
Fiorino, 2001:Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society,
Feb2001, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p247
- Air Temperature at 2m,
- Maximum Air Temperature at 2m,
- Minimum Air Temperature at 2m,
- Air Temperature,
- Precipitation Rate,
- Precipitable Water are a few of the parameters available.
- Data is in netCDF files, each year, separate file
Information on the NCEP/NCAR project can be obtained at the official website.
NCEP Reanalysis data provided by the NOAA-CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center,
Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/